Thursday, August 26, 2010

A bump


Today I have my little one home with me as he had a fall at school yesterday which resulted in him splitting his head open right above his eye.... very lucky that it was above the eyebrow and not under..

This is our first serious accident and it was the first time that we have ever received a phone call from the school in the middle of the day...

When I received the call that he had been hurt my heart went straight to throat and it was beating like a drum while I waited to hear what had happened... all the time thinking "how bad is it?!"

Lots of blood and tears however big hugs when Daddy picked him up, clean him up and made him feel safe and "huggy" again

I'm sure that this won't be the last time as we have many more years of school and things that he will be doing..... the first time is always a little hard especially when you are not there to comfort your baby in the first instance.

No comments:

Post a Comment