Monday, July 26, 2010

Beautiful Weekend


Spending time with my family is so very important to me. We are a small family - we are 3!

I am so grateful to have such a loving, supportive husband whom I fell deeply in love with many years ago and we are very fortunate to have the most beautifully spirited little boy, who makes our hearts sing.

I was told at a young age that I was unable to have children. So I did my best to cope with this news by throwing myself into my work.

Then to find out that you are having a little baby at 34 was such a mixed feeling; one of total shock and the other a feeling of being blessed.

Dealing with the reality of being pregnant was hard to deal with at first, as in my mind this was never ever going to happen, it was made very clear that it was not a possibility... you reserve yourself to the fact that you have been given a different path to take with your life and you make the best of that path, so how do I now factor in having a baby?

Grateful for our smiling bundle of joy, I once again threw myself down this very new and ever changing path of being a mummy! A roller coaster ride like no other that I had ever been on and just when you think you have it all under control .... whooshka you are sent off down another track on new things to learn.

I wouldn't change it for a minute and I feel blessed every time I hear "Mummy" yelled from another room.

I am in love with my beautiful little family and cherish every day we have together xx

No comments:

Post a Comment